Tuesday, 1 January 2008

2nd Missionary Conference, Nov 2007

Yes, I know. I'm lagging. It has been a WHOLE month from the conference, and I'm only posting it now.



2nd Missionary Conference, Theme: "For the Word of God, and the Testimony of Jesus Christ.
11 Nations were represented; GLOBAL MINDED. =D
----------

Thank God for budget airlines. I'm serious. Although the irony is in the picture on the right.


Praying before the departure.


Queuing to board the plane. For those who haven't sat on budget airlines before, you have to WALK from the gate to the plane...


Cool eh? I think it has a seating capacity of approximately 130 seats. The coolest part? It's like you know everyone on the plane.


Best in-flight meal... ever...


Hardworking souls.... as well as the not so hardworking ones playing UNO... ME? I was sleeping. Serious!
-----

Airport... in Cebu...


Place where I stayed (along with the church of course...)
----------

All the pastors and ministers at the conference... Imagine people coming from 11 Nations!! Cool eh? It's all the work of God. Never did we imagine to go to Cebu, but God providentially provided the budget airlines.


My Church Session.


Ordination of Rev Ephrem and Rev Reggor.
You don't know how it feels to see 2 of your former Sunday School teachers being ordained as ministers. Rev Ephrem taught me the Shorter Catechism, while Rev Reggor taught me many Bible stories which I can still remember. Now the burden of God's work rests on the shoulders of those who are called, and it's not an easy task. But thank God for faithful men!


Rev Reggor and family, along with Pastor and Aunty Carolyn.


Rev Ephrem and family, along with Pastor and Aunty Carolyn.
----------


Presentations by so many people. Wondering why there's no Missionary Conference Choir? Simple, cause I'm in it! So when I'm in it, no photo. Simple logic. =D
----------

The signboard outside of our mission church in Cebu, and the lower level of the building.

Worship sanctuary.

When so many of us (100 over people) came into such a small, ordinary looking building, many of the neighbours stared and wonder what's so great about the inside of this small building. Hopefully and prayerfully, they would come in and see and hear the Gospel message.
----------

Children's room, where kids watch videos. Godly videos of course.


Jeepneys. Vehicles used to travel to a place in Cebu called "The Tops". The Tops is a place where you have a beautiful view of Cebu.


See? Beautiful isn't it. (Although I prefer Japan =P)


Group Photos...


Games...
----------

Taking a vow, in fact 2 vows, before God. (These are the staff workers and church session, of course the congregation took the vow as well!)
---------

Van fund... It's God's almighty hand at work. Even though we fell short of the expected amount, a few brothers decided to top-up the remainder. So the Cebu Mission Church could get a van for Christmas. (Yes, the conference was before Christmas, this shows how late I'm in updating this.)
----------
Other Pictures. (Yes, I'm lazy to sort.)

Loads of cool stuff. Like the "Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child" Cane on the left. =D


While going to the hotel from the airport on the first day... (Shouldn't this be at the top of the post?!)


Capital Building. I hope I got it right.


Taxi...


Stole a shot =P


The colourful shoes. =D (Not mine.)
----------

Jollibee, Cebu's "MacDonalds".


Shopping. There are security checks conducted before you enter the mall... But there's a more shocking truth which I won't reveal over the internet.


Coffee! *VERY VERY EXPENSIVE, BUT VERY VERY VERY NICE!!*


For all you Kamen Rider fans out there... KAMEN RIDER MERCHANDISE!
----------

Ruhamah! Rev Ephrem's daughter. Very smiley girl, so long as she remains by her mother's side. Took a while for her to open up and play with us.


Daniel, Rev Ephrem's first son. He's very smart, and is easily interested in all kind of things. Sadly, he has mild autism, but he is still God's child, and I too love him very much. (Crap, I'm sounding like some old man here.)


Joash. I've posted his pictures before and am doing it now. =D Very cute right?
----------
DEPARTURE =(

I SAW NEMO AT THE AIRPORT!!!


Praying before we leave. Rev Reggor prayed for us.


Inside the waiting area (the gate). I tell you, our flight was delayed. And so we went to eat. A cup noodle there at the airport cost S$8.00!!!! CRAZY!!!


Hmm, ok...


The return flight... Well, some people were bored and went to sleep. Others played UNO AGAIN... While others, like myself, were singing! It's a great thing to sing to God. Even Pastor and Cornelius joined in!
---------

LAST WORDS.
Truly, the missionary conference was a work of God's almighty hand. We all saw how God has worked in all the various mission fields we have and how God has sustained us all, both in Singapore and abroad. I thank God for the missionary conference in 2007, and pray that the missionary conference, God willing in 2010 in Ethopia, would be just as encouraging to our brethren and myself. All Glory to God!

1 comments:

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home