Thursday, 14 February 2008

Updates, and an Overhaul

I was looking through my old model kits, and boy, I was a terrible modeler in the past. I mean my HG Strike Gundam (my very first model) was REALLY PATHETIC. There were spruces everywhere, and the seams were very obvious. Ok, maybe they weren't seams but GAPS in between the models. This shows how lousy I was in the past.

Now, it's time for me to make up for my mistakes. REPAIRING THE STRIKE. That will take a while; but my Aile Strike Gundam will no longer be Aile Strike, but I'm planning to upgrade it with spare parts I find around.

Why edit the Strike Gundam?
Well, the Strike is a multi-functional Unit. I loved the Sword Strike, but it needed more weapons. So when Gundam 00 came out, Gundam Exia made me want to edit the Strike. Since I had spare parts lying around, I decided to scratch build certain stuff for the Strike to customize it.

Brief overview of the Strike's overhaul:
- GN Sword addition for right arm. (I have 2 Exias, one of which was converted to Astrea. So i'm using the GN Sword from that one.)
- GN Dagger for left arm. (Same reason as above)
- Addition of "Flight Unit" for the legs using 1/144 NG Justice's backpack.
- Possible backpacks in my mind: (i)Launcher Strike (no change) or (ii)Movable Shield
- Other possible armaments: (i)Sword from Sword Strike; (ii)Dual saber fang; (iii)Others

And my Graham's custom Flag parts which I have cut out, sanded, filed:

I hope to get Graham's Flag done ASAP. Then I'll most probably move on to editing Strike Gundam.

Other stuff which I plan to build:
- 1/144 HG Psycho Gundam (This will take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG while. It's BIG, real BIG)
- 1/100 NG Red Astray
- 1/144 HG Gundam Exia (My second Exia which I haven't started on.)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home