Thursday, 7 February 2008

Psalm 119:9-16

Psalm 119:9-16
"Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word."

Well well, find these verses particularly familiar? No surprise, Pastor used this text for his exhortation on Tuesday night prayer meeting. And why am I mentioning it here? Cause it speaks particularly to me.

How can a young man cleanse his way before God? Simple, by obeying Him. How often I have failed to obey God and wander from the pathway! I'm such a wretched sinner, but the eternal and perfect God still loves me. How many times has He spared my life! If I were to be punished for each and every sin I have, I would have been punished time and time again.

Pastor made a statement, something like "It would be best if a young man gives his life to the LORD". This struck me: I had decided to commit my life wholly to God a few years ago. But oh how many times I have fallen. Each statement that pastor made, it really pains my heart. I have sinned, and sinned, and sinned; but all this while God has been so merciful and kind to me. That Tuesday night, I could not help but cry within myself when pastor spoke. I dare not echo, "With all my heart have I sought thee" like the psalmist.

I pray that I would treat God's word and His commandments seriously, to "meditate" and to "respect" His Word, and to have an inward regard for God's Word. O may I be able to praise Him with my lips and my words! I pray, that I will keep God's Word in my heart, and not forget His word; so that I might not sin against Him. O LORD, teach me thy statutes!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home