Friday, 23 November 2007

Japan Trip, Day 3, 16th November

Well, the third day. I went to the Kobe Earthquake Museum and Nara Park. I couldn't take any pictures in the Earthquake Museum, the reason being that the Japanese don't like to have pictures of their unhappy past taken.

The Kobe Earthquake Museum shows the spirit of humanity in humans. It is astounding to see how Kobe/Japan rebuilt itself in spite of such a destructive force of nature. The earthquake is known as the "Great Hanshin Earthquake", so go wiki that on your own. =D

Then we went to Nara Park, where there was yet another temple, and there was loads of DEERS =D Well, Japan is a traditional country, like I mentioned. There have loads of beliefs which are rather interesting. One of them is that if you rub a part of an Arahat and subsequently rub the same part of your body, you will be healed of the disease on that part of the body. Another one would be the hole in the temple which is supposedly the size of Buddha's nostril. If you can crawl through it, you will have good fortune and a good life. It is interesting to see how people choose to believe in such superstition. Does superstition and life after death propel humans forward in time?

Kobe Earthquake Museum... exterior only. Since I can't take anything inside, this post is quite empty...



Energy Savings... Cool eh? There was this digital chart showing the CO2 emissions cut, power saved etc in the museum lobby. (I could take photos at the lobby.)


ASTRO BOY! (in the museum lobby, I could take photos there.)
----------
Nara Park (Nara Ko~en; as pronounced in Japanese)


Deers, loads of them! Deers are believed to be messengers of God in Japan. So they don't eat deer meat (I love that meat... =P)



Yeah, pictures. I don't exactly like the place, so I'm not going to say much. Since I'm a Christian, I don't quite like the idea of staying in temples, but since I was with the school and the ticket was purchased, I quickly went in and came out.

NOTE: It's like 9:45am, but I'm so sleepy that I'll post more in the afternoon or later at night. =D

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home