Sunday, 24 August 2008

Fireworks!

Well well, it was the Singapore Fireworks Festival on 22nd and 23rd August 2008. So I decided to ask the whole photog club whether they wanted to go to shoot fireworks... And only 2 went with me (i.e. Beiyi and Sonia)... =(

Anyways, a little about the Festival. It's held around this period in August (since 2004) in conjuction with the National Day celebrations of Singapore (9th August). Every year, Singapore would get 2 foreign countries to set up their fireworks displays. This year, the 2 countries were France (22nd Aug) and South Korea (23rd Aug). The French display was called 'French Romance', while the South Korean display was called 'Korean Fantasia'.

Nonetheless, I would like to point out how 'deprived' we as Singaporeans are. Just look at the sheer crowd at Marina Bay with cameras to snap fireworks! I mean it's just fireworks, other than the fact that you can rarely see them in Singapore... I thought I heard a foreigner comment 'Wow, nice fireworks! But why are there so many people gathered just to watch?'

Now you might be wondering 'So why did YOU bother to go and shoot fireworks?' Firstly, it's because I missed the fireworks from National Day, and I had always wanted to try shooting fireworks. So it's a first try. I have a second reason, but I would only share later.

Now. Fireworks!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeta_waverider/tags/fireworks/

*Note: This is the French display. I couldn't go down for the South Korean display.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home