Monday, 2 March 2009

A Prayer in the Night

As of the time I started to type this, it is 1.44am. Sometimes, God works in mysterious and wondrous ways, and works in the most unearthly hours to move the heart of His child. I've been really tired of school lately. I haven't found any strength or motivation to move on lately. It is so tiring to move along with 4 or 5 hours of sleep a day. The amount of time I spend awake in school is so much more than the amount of time I spend awake at home.

I had been lying in bed for the past hour or so, trying to get to sleep. But for some reason, I was just too troubled by all my school work. 3 tests in this week, coupled with all the normal lectures and tutorials I have to do/attend to, it's just too tiring for me. But God has His purpose in preventing me from sleeping, and that is to remind me of His goodness and mercies. Oh how long have I not asked Him for His grace and His strength! Oh how long have I not sought His face in true earnestness!

LORD God Almighty,
Thou art sovereign over all things. Forgive me O LORD of all my wicked sins, forgive me O LORD for forgetting Thy power. I come before Thee, knowing that Thou art almighty, and Thou art in control of everything. Heavenly Father, I'm tired of running on. O LORD how oft in grief have I found relief in Thee. Why O LORD why, why have I forgotten Thy mercies. LORD I thank Thee for Thy chastising hand upon me, for bringing me back into Thy fold. I come before Thee, not as a man, but as Thy humble servant. I pray that Thou wouldst grant me strength to move on in these tiresome times. I pray that even as these trying times should seek to undo me, LORD I pray that Thou would keep me. LORD God almighty, I feel so tired, and I cannot bear all my burdens alone. I'm about to be crushed under the weight of all my burdens. Help me O Father, help me to life up these burdens and teach me to cast all my cares upon Thee. Teach me to pray, teach me to learn Thy truths, teach me never to forsake Thee LORD. Why O God dost Thou put me through all these diffculties? Why, why, why? Show me Thy way O LORD, and make it plain; help me to sing as the hymn writer sang, "O yes, He cares! I know He cares! His heart is touched with my grief! When the days are weary, the long nights dreary, I know my Saviour cares!"

I pray that as I move along in these weeks of school, LORD help me not to forsake my service unto Thee. LORD Thou knowest my troubles, Thou knowest my pain. Thou knowest my sorrow, and Thou knowest my needs. Give me O LORD, the strength to carry on with both my church commitments, and my school commitments. I'm overcome with tiredness to the point that I cannot even sleep. But Thou hast promised, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and I will give you rest." LORD, teach me to carry Thy yoke, and learn from Thee. Teach me I pray, to lean not unto my own understanding, and not to rely on my own strength; but to completely and wholeheartedly place my trust in Thee. LORD God, I submit my life unto Thee. All my talents I surrender unto Thee. All my sorrows and burdens I cast upon Thee. Help me through these trying times O LORD, help me through.

For all these I pray in the name of my blessed LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ,
Amen.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home