Monday, 22 December 2008

Encouragement

I'm searching for answers to the many questions I have in my head. The funny thing is, the more answers I seek, the more questions appear. The more questions I have, the more answers I need, and even more questions pop up. Destiny is a funny thing; seems that in life, more questions than answers can be found. There are times when you feel so troubled and confused about life, and really at a complete loss as to what to do. Right now, life seems to be in a big mess for me. Feeling really troubled, I really needed someone to say nice things, or a word of encouragement to me.

I'm really worried for next year. I'm J2 next year, that means the A Levels. I'm still in Youth Committee next year, that means more work. These two things are going to be hard to balance, and I know it. That's the problem with human beings, we think too much, and then we worry about the future. And when we worry, we feel troubled.

I was feeling real troubled last night, and thank God for the encouragement I received from some friends. I mean someone told me that I seemed like the kind that would lead in Youth, and I was really quite... apprehensive (dunno if this correctly describes what I'm thinking) because I didn't feel like that kind of a person. I really couldn't think much about being a good leader, since I haven't done much for Youth this year because I was so stretched in school. I doubt myself so much. But this was what a friend told me: "You have in some ways, this year especially, been an example to me. I don't believe in looks. But I see you in church, I see you helping in the AV system, I see you going out to cover church events, I see you able to talk to both the adults and the teens, I see you kind to the kids, and I've seen you mature beyond the angst that plagued you in secondary school. I know you've a desire to serve. To me that's someone who could lead the youths. It's not about ability in the end, it's the desire to serve. and you have that desire. And hey, I think God has granted you the ability to lead, to make the right choices, to consult the right people, to even while you struggle with your own spiritual life be able to talk with other youths about their issues and stuff."

I really thank God for the encouragement that he gave me through my friends. With that, I pray that next year I'd be able to serve Him even more next year.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home